Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Song For You

If ever I were to hold death's hand
once more just like before
I would smile and follow silently
and fear or fight with her no more...


Because I've known a love that was soft
because you've shown a love that was true
I could close my eyes and still this breath
forever and with peace all because of you.


But the days drift before me now
in this life we both travel alone
For I hurt you more than I ever meant to-
only my cruelty and pride were ever shown.


Though  I may continue to love you,
and cry in the depths of my soul for you, still-
Dare never to feel this skin again
Never dream there's a chance that you will.


And I've only kisses for your happiness
And I've only hopes for your heart
And I've only gratitude in my regrets
of us together though we're now far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment