Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dirty Place

Late in the night,
I took my shovel...
The moon shined bright,
and the air was brisk.
I proceeded with my walk.

And on I went, to hallowed ground,
Where I had been before,
the dirt I knew,
the trash I was.

And in this town, 
there are graves for the unknown
the non-memorable
the emotional villans...
and I was one of them.

To bury
To bury
To bury
Whom?

And in the moon’s light,
I stabbed the shovel into earth
thinking of the crimes
thinking of their worth.

And a shallow grave I started,
but ended rather deep...
and somewhere in the middle,
I had a relentless weep.

But when the fathom was had,
and the task was then done,
I fell deep into the pit
To feel what I had won...

And the dirt rained down upon me
By a night time ghost working overtime
and the earth landed all upon my skin
and I felt a final sublime.

Thank you, dirt shower...
It is here where I feel safe!
It is here where I have put myself!
Where I belong is to this space!

Goodnight, my broken hearted...
You see me not now as I say farewell...
And the hurtful place I have left you in
Is nothing compared to this hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment