Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Crematory

True evil can be romanticized.
It can be artistically transformed
into a forbidden love,
but I, oh no! I am not buying it.

I've always tried to use my fire
to know the threshold of my pain
and to warm and illuminate my way with its light.

[This is how I have survived.]

The flame has been extinguished,
and now I am left with anguish.

I gave up my skin
I gave up my dreams
I let down my defenses
I let you abuse all of my senses
I cried to the point of mania
I cut my fingers off
I lost touch with hope
I gave up my God.

[This is how I had to survive.]

I became a frail-ish female-ish skeleton
clanking around on insecure and unsteady bones,
longing and searching for where I had misplaced my flesh.

But I cannot forget
tracing the bone of your brow,
your displaced boy-ish smile
The way you used  to pet my hair when I rested in your arms,
or the eternal nights we shared in sweat.

For once there was a fire
in innocence, but no!
No longer shall this be.

For it is forbidden love that lights your fire,
and the only thing I have left is a fragile faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment