Saturday, July 2, 2011

How I Became Bullet Proof

There will be no more sympathy fucks
Or courtesy listening
Or smiles given to the undeserving, the shallow, the fake
There will certainly be no laughter shared


I will own me


I will walk these streets focusing only on the number of steps I take
I will not make eye contact--only to give random glares of contempt
I will depend on no one
I will count on no one
I will ask nothing of anyone


I will own me


I will take great measures in my anticipation of unpredictable and difficult obstacles,
so that I will be prepared when and if they do arise.
I will be a self sufficient mechanism
I will create art only as an armour for myself
I will impose strict routine and ritual
I will be composed of signals and zippers
I will care no longer for the human condition

Nothing can hurt me ever again
Now that I am my own protector.


No comments:

Post a Comment