Saturday, July 2, 2011

Definitions and Lessons

The saddest part of my broken heart
is that it is based on a love
love that I define
a love that you define
a love that we both interpret differently
but ignorantly called it the same.

When I say "love"
you say "yes"
when you say "love"
I say "yes"...
Giving the same answer
to two completely different questions-
calling it the same....

wish I would have made sure
that you knew that when I say "love"
mean forever
I mean through it all
mean through mistakes
mean through our growth
am incapable of pulling the plug
on something I've once proclaimed as supernatural,
having only given it life
for such short time....

In my love,
a decade of horror is
fractional
on the timeline of love's history.
In my love,
one separates the behavior
from the individual.
And if you meant what you said
when you say that you love,
you acknowledge that fact of difference.

In my love,
one doesnt ask one to change,
but one would change anything in the name of love...
knew better-
and next time I'll stay true
to my own heart
to its defenses
to its principles
I'll have all definitions clarified
so I dont have to learn the difficult lesson of
falling again for
a little boy's heart
disguised as a man's
love.

No comments:

Post a Comment