Sunday, July 3, 2011

First Place

Remember the day
I stabbed myself in the heart
as you walked away from 
a teary-eyed me?

Without emotion,
I tried to embrace you
but you quickly 
drew back...
and I felt the death of
our love engulf me 
instantly,
drowning me in 
a heavy and looming black
ocean of emptiness
that my tears poured into like
a waterfall; 
Spilling into the 
body of your 
sea of departure,
you didnt see me
fall apart-
you were quickly gone
to be away from
me as fast as you could...
but I fell broken 
and alone under 
the shadow of 
a thick tree 
in spring bloom...

I visited this
memory often-
Under that tree I 
was forever haunted...
and I would find 
myself looking around on
the ground to see
if 
(there was any way that possibly...)
I would find
the knife that 
I had stabbed my corazon with 
on that weary
and agonizing 
day.

No comments:

Post a Comment