Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gemini

It's days like this that I separate myself.
I peel myself out of the duality that composes me.
I look with my eyes and see--

I see the little, lost and lonely girl
Who sits sad and
Starry eyed,
Full of hope that maybe this time...

But no one comes for her-
And when they do,
It's the other piece of me:

"I dont want to look at her-
Pathetic, whiner, clingy little piece of shit."

She tugs at me like a broken record-
- - - - - - incessant dah-dah-dah-dah- - -

She leaves me no choice.
I slap her across the heart
I tell her to stop
I tell her to go away
I tell her to "shut the fuck up!"
Then I throw her to the ground.
And as I run away, her cries fade
And when I turn back to look, I see her:
Alone
Growing smaller and smaller
As
I
Distance
M y s e l f
From the door
She so
Desperately
Tries
To
Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment