Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Wind is a Boy

You come and you go,
like an aggressive wind-
here and gone, here and gone,
and you certainly rattle my windows.

Baby, your storm doesn't scare me,
I simmer in the lava of a lover's fear.
I've seen it, felt it, feared it, dealt it,
and there is nothing left but the core.

I am there.
I am in that core.
And I see you, baby.

I see through your lies,
your insecurities,
your desire to run,
to avoid,
to hide.

I know all those places.
(I used to live there.)

You can lock your doors.
You can close your blinds.
You can silence your phone.
And you can run...

Run that distance, baby...
far away and deep into the
pastel sun-setting horizons-
where the ghosts of yesterday 
await you
at the finish line,
and I will be there to embrace you,
and finally
hold
you 
still.

No comments:

Post a Comment