Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blind Incubus

Wounded yet none the wiser,
I watch you spin your seductive silks
around your victims.

You aim to suffocate,

to silence
to still
to steal the life force of your prey.

What does it feel like inside to be you?

I imagine an all encompassing vacuum of
misery and angst,
tempered only by feeble and fleeting
 feelings of power over your timid targets.

Does it quell your rage, baby?

Does it quell your hate?
Does it quiet the noise in your mind?
Does it make you feel safe?

Without conscience you move to injure me,

but I have grown stronger through my suffering,
through your acts of sabotage toward me
I still rise. Rise. Rise.

Rise and shine, baby. Wake up!

It's time to see--
all your antics and carefully executed moves
have no lasting affect on me.

You stay wounded,

yet none the wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment